Here are some easy ways to fix the greyed out deletion history issue using regedit.
Quick and Easy PC Repair
Click Start. Type “Gpedit.msc” in the search box, press and “Enter”. This will open the Local Group Policy Manager in a new window on your personal screen.
In the left pane, go to Computer Configuration Administrative Sh blons Windows Components Internet Explorer. This will load a relatively large list of activation policies into the Authority window.
Double click “Clear Browsing History”. This will display a list of Internet Explorer crawl log suggestions.
Double-click the Disable Browsing to Clear History Rule. Opens up a nice window for editing policies on a new screen.
Change Disabled to Enabled to Paired and click the Apply button below. Disables this policy, allowing access to the option.
Click Start. Type “Regedit” in the search box and press Enter. Click the Yes button in the UAC dialog box. This will open the Registry Window Editor.
Navigate to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER in Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer” in the main left pane. This loads the location with policy restrictions that were badly created in the right pane.
In the right pane, right-click History, then click Delete. Click “Yes” for all confirmation dialogs.
Otherwisein case you want the policy to be always available, right-click the history and select “Edit”. This clears the properties dialog. Change the price tag from “1” to “0” and click the “OK” button to disable this policy.
June 16, 2016 by admin Leave a message ”
How can you prevent other users from deleting the past in your browser? There are scenarios when you need to share a computer with your friends or employees, but you want them not to delete saved logins and cookies. In this tutorial, we are going to show you 2 easy ways to prevent users from clearing their browsing data in Internet Explorer.
Method 1: Using Group Policy to Prevent Access to Delete Browsing History
- Press the Windows R + key to open the Run dialog box. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- This should create the Local Group Policy Editor. Go to the following location:
Computer Configuration Administrative K components Internet Models Windows Explorer Delete Browsing History
- In the best view, double-click “Deny access to clear browsing history” to open your dog’s preferences panel. Select On. And Apply OK /.
- Restart your precious computer. When you open Internet Explorer options, you will realize that the button to clear your previous browsing is grayed out.
Pairwise methods: prevent users from deleting their browsing history using the registry editor
If the Local Group Editor Policy is not available on the new computer, you can also use the following writing tips to prevent clients from clearing their browsing history in Internet Explorer.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box. Type regedit and hit Enter.
- When defining the registration window, navigate to the following key in the editor:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Pacontrol panel
If the Internet Explorer key and usually the Control Panel key do not exist, we need to create them first.
- Now in the right margin, right-click in the left margin to create a new DWORD value (32 bits) named DisableDeleteBrowsingHistory and value 1.
- Close the publisher registry and reopen Internet Explorer. Now users can no longer access the clear browsing history option in Internet Explorer. It’s all !
- Previous post: How to clear your Microsoft Edge and IE browsing history on Windows 10
- Next post: 2 ways to prevent a forced update of your Windows system from Windows 10
Enjoy a faster
How do you delete my browser history if it is grayed out & blocked?
Click Start. Enter “Gpedit.On the left, navigate to Computer Configuration Administrative Templates Windows Components Internet Explorer.Double-click the Clear Browsing History folder.
How do I clear my registry history?
Enter “run” in the search bar on your desktop. Click Run in the search results.In the search box, Run means regedit and click OK.Right-click each connection and select Delete. Click Yes when prompted to confirm.
How do I delete Chrome history from registry?
Go to the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Google NavClient 1.1 (yes, the laptop or computer subkey is 1.1, although a person may have version 2.0 installed, which is usually associated with the toolbar). Select the “History” subsection, press the “Delete” button on the new keyboard and press “Yes” to confirm. Close Registry Editor.
Supprimer L Historique Grise Regedit
Eliminar El Historial En Gris Regedit
Elimina La Cronologia In Grigio Regedit
Verlauf Loschen Ausgegraut Regedit
Apagar Historico Esmaecido Regedit
Usun Historie Wyszarzona Regedit
Udalit Istoriyu Vydeleno Serym Cvetom Regedit
Geschiedenis Wissen Uitgegrijsd Regedit
삭제 기록이 회색으로 표시됨 Regedit
Radera Historik Nedtonad Regedit